Friday, June 28, 2013

Here goes an ehhhh.

More and more lately I've been feeling disillusioned by the online presence that I present. It's hard to find meaning in things in the digital sense, and the urgency that once made projects worthwhile have been either halted or given to the "archives" mentality. In that, I mean that yes, these things exist, but until I find some connection to them again, they become old films that no-one watches.

Casual interest is a murder of passion. At one point, it could have been the actual kindling(That first interest could well spark a full blown obsession) of said things ..but at this juncture, it's the lack of fire burns the most.

In other news, tooth-aches are nothing to sneeze at. Some days I wish I could have a talk with 2001-2007 me. Tell him that his teeth are vitally important. Clue him into the idea that bottle openers are a clever invention, and less a novelty than a toothsaver for idiots. Seriously. What an ignorant jerk I was. "I have the strongest teeth ever. Nothing can affect me. Me! Impervious to such things as cracks and cavities. Ha!" You'll have to imagine a pompous heroic voice declaring these spouts of stupidity. Shouldn't be too tough, huh? Pfft.


That about sums up my life lately. I get brief periods of muse whispering and have here and there been having     glimpses of nostalgia in terms of written word. At work, I count the hours...Cartoons are watched, cooking shows studied. Anything to keep my head stimming.

And now and again, I visit my fictionpress...not necessarily through the lenses of sadness and regret...but more through a pair of longing spectacles. Of wanting to recapture the ease of some of those days.



Effortless is one of the most beautiful words in the English tongue.


There's such joy in it..

No comments: