Sunday, September 27, 2009

This Weekend's Confection

Even if I'm the only one that truly sees this as a magical cavalcade of well..magic, I humbly submit this weekend's confection:

The Wiz~



This inspired masterpiece is a true showmanship of talent and jawdropping excitement. Now, granted Diana Ross is completely wrong for the character (And let's face it, she looks like a dude in really bad drag..That dress is appalling, and frankly, I was scared of the veins in her neck..but more on that later..)...but the overall characterizations are spot on, and the music of the disco age truly shines through in several of the musical numbers..


I've enlightened my friends this weekend, and though they did not fully give it the praise and true admiration that it deserves, their lives will be forever touched by the wonder of this beautiful memory.




And my children, please, do yourselves a favor:




Invest time in Nipsey Russell. He's one of last few honest to goodness hard working professionals wearing tin and singing the blues. He deserves our respect.




Last but not least...



Score big and be a lion like your Uncle Sexy.


Rawr~

2 comments:

Lyndsie said...

1) Diana Ross scared me more than just a little bit...and I did not buy that she was 24.

2) You didn't get back to the veins in her neck.

3) I still don't understand all that scary nonsense in the subway.

4) Michael was cute as a button in this.

5) I had fun watching it with you.

Joshua said...

1. Yes. You are quite correct. She has to go.

2. The veins in her neck were like these little seismic charges about to explode every time she sung a high note. I wanted to duck and cover.

3. It was the 70's...and a fantasy movie. The budget was quite low..of course the subway would come alive and try to off you. Totally understand that part.

4. True as that may be(though the constant giggling got to be a bit much..), the birds were frightening.

5. I know. Good times. :)